Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The first round is complete. I didn't get much sleep lots of tossing and turning. The girls are just off to school so I got up with them and sat out in the kitchen while they had breakfast. They were very happy to see me and I was VERY happy to hug them before they went to school.

I have lots of chest pressure and discomfort this morning...so I very thankful to be on this stuff. They said as each day goes by the white counts go down...so to rest as much as possible along with taking a slow walk.

This is interesting, yesterday before the treatment began the social worker said we need to draw another 11- viles of blood before treatment begins- I'm glad you have a port. I then said I don't have a port- I had it taken out last year- thinking I wouldn't need it again...so she wanted to get me set up to have another put in right away but I mentioned- or have it place during one of the off-weeks from one of the chemos...but I insisted they call mayo first. They did and Mayo said absolutely NOT. It would delay treatment by 6 weeks. As one of the dugs in the cocktail destroys nearly all the white cells...thank God they got the scoop from Mayo!

8 comments:

  1. When your flesh screams sickness, its hard to get up every day and believe for healing. Keep your eye's on Christ and God's Word! Do not let the enemy steer you to the left or right, just full steam ahead with God. Hugs, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to hear from you! We are sending up lots of prayes for you and the family! Rest up and know you are reciving lots of support and prayers as you continue to move forward! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God that you are finished with this first round. You all continue to be in our prayers. Blessings to you all....the Wade's

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, Joe and the girls are in our prayers daily, Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci,

    Since I'm not a medical person, I have to turn this over to the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:26 says "We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." You are so loved!

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci, So glad you called Mayo--remember they wouldn't give me one for my treatments when we were at Lacks together. Praying for you and that God with grant peace as you endure these treatments. Your friend, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Traci - just want you to know that you're in our prayers as well. Even though we don't get to hang out as much anymore, I've got nothing but love for you guys...we're hoping for great things...

    at your service,

    -chris walker-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep flying under His wing as long as you need........
    And I hope to see you up playing with those beautiful girls soon.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete